When you Upgrade from Renter to Owner!
Purchasing a home comes with a lot of responsibilities. That is not stated to deter anyone from purchasing a home. Becoming a homeowner has a lot of upsides, but it is important that you maintain your property.
You may not be thinking about selling your home right now but when that time comes, you will be thankful you keep up your home with some of these maintenance tips.
California winters may be mild compared to other parts of the country, but the weather can still take a toll on your property. When a home isn’t properly winterized, the heavy storms and occasional freezes can cause everything from dry rot and roof leaks to cracked water pipes and crawl space flooding. That’s why, even in California, it’s crucial to perform preventative winterization measures on your home.
- Inspect the roof, gutters, and downspouts for damage or debris after snowstorms, if your area gets them.
- Check the basement for water leaks during thaws.
- Clean refrigerator and freezer drip pans, and vacuum coils.
- Ensure all electrical holiday decorations have tight connections and that any exterior decorations are labeled for outdoor use only.
- Clean the kitchen exhaust hood and air filter of buildup. You’ll be using your stove and oven a lot more during the holidays.
- Check your water heater for leaks and pressure issues. Consider installing a leak detector to prevent costly flooding damage.
Stay Tuned for Additional Seasonal Maintenance Tips!